Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thoughts on websites

I have been spending some time looking at the 20 websites to see if I could find anything that would fit ABE. One of the things I'm looking for is tutorial software that would work for our GED students, those transitioning into college who are not at the 12th grade level and advanced ELL students. Under eschoolnews.com they mentioned MyMathLab Tutor it is put out by Pearson and costs $57.00. It is to help students be ready to take college level math. Fifteen Washington based schools have used it. Teachers said the students like the software, but find the teachers need to be there to motivate students to keep them going. The next thing I found that would be of interest to those of you who have smartboards I found on edutopia.org under the heading best education software was Lecture Scribe- a tool for animating interactive white board lessons.
Of the sites Classroom 20.ning would seem to be the best for what I do.

I have probably spent about 30hours so far working on everything from learning the sites, posting and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment