Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Since last week’s reflection I listened to the pod cast on Christensen. It was interesting to hear his thoughts in his own words. I also set up a CLEAR account. It is a free tool for language teachers. Clear is the Center for Language Education and Research at Michigan State. You can get free access to their Rich Internet Application tools to create online speaking and listening activities. One application that I would like to try out is speaking and listening “worksheets” for dialog practice. Otherwise the majority of my time was spent on answering threads five and six, and working on the final paper and presentation.
I posted my presentation late this afternoon, and as luck would have it right before I started teaching my night class an Apex Learning Demo on math tools came through from the sales representative. The sales representative also informed us that St. Paul school system has purchased Apex for the summer school program to be used mainly for credit recovery. The demo is really great and I would have used in my presentation. Instead I’m going to post the link to it here. It is 5 minutes in length and I think you will also find it interesting. Apex demo link -http://www.apexlearning.com/demo/

I have to say I have learned and explored many new things that I know I would not have if I hadn’t had this class. I know I would not be on facebook or twitter or be blogging. Needless to say a few times I heard my kids say “Mom is doing what?” I have to admit that was kind of fun. In the future, I hope students and teachers will be able to access more for free on the web or at a reduced cost, because some programs just don’t have the resources to afford some of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment